• Register Today It's free!

Has anyone installed aux lights?

BOHICA1344

Reaction score
City, State
Georgia
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Sport Trac XLT 4.0L
I'm probably asking a question that has already been posted, but I have recently received a set of Hella Comet 550 aux lights from a friend of mine. Has anyone either installed these on their truck, or have a wiring diagram that can be used for these lights? I've looked at several websites in an attempt to locate instructions but haven't been able to find one. I'm also wanting to place the switch where the four-wheel drive buttons would be located, if I had four-wheel drive. So if anyone knows how to access that panel that would also be helpful. Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks! I'll scope it out.

On a Gen 2 Trac I don't know where you'd PUT the things. Prob have to get a brush guard just to have a mounting point.

I plan on putting them on a bull bar as soon as I can get spousal clearance for that.

Easiest way to get to that panel would be to take the whole radio surround out so you can access the back of it.

I installed an LED bar on my track and put a switch on my dash beside the head unit

Back