Has Your 911 Thread Disappeared? Then Read This | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Has Your 911 Thread Disappeared? Then Read This

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robb

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
If you have started a thread in this (911) forum, and have found that it has disappeared, it is because of one of two reasons. Either A) it is a double post and you have started an identical thread in another forum, or B) it has been decided by a moderator that your situation is not an emergency, and your thread has been moved to a more appropriate forum.

For a quick review of what an emergency is, please read this. To sum it up, if your Explorer will not move right now, and there is a way that someone can help you get it going in the near future, post your problem here. If your problem doesn't involve the inability of your Explorer moving under its own power safely, don't post it here. If your Explorer is dead (i.e. engine has blown, rear axle fell out, burned to the ground, transmission has no gears, etc), don't post here, nothing is going to get you back on the road with just some helpful advice.

If you can't find your thread in another fourm, go here and type your username in the "Search by User Name" box, and hit "Enter." You should be able to find your thread easily with those results.

It has been my policy, as moderator of this forum, to move non-emergency threads from newcomers to these forums (newbies), and leave a redirect (those arrows) of the thread so that the newbies didn't think that their thread was deleted. This is a policy that I would like to continue, BUT it has become impossible to do so. There are simply too many non-911 threads by newbies being posted here, and the entire forum is becoming too congested. This has lead to many of the "knowledgable" members here not paying attention to the 911 forum because it is hard to differentiate between what threads to pay attention to, and what ones not to.

So, if you are new to these forums, and you posted in this (911) forum, and your post has disappeared, it does NOT mean that nobody cares and your thread has been deleted. It probably means that it has just been moved to a more appropriate forum.

As of today, 11/16/04, no threads moved from the 911 forum will be left with a redirect arrow and link. The forum has just become TOO congested.

Thank You For Reading!

Robb

Since Robb stepped down and out of EF I am the only moderator of this forum. His rules that he has posted up in here still go for me. I moderate no different then Robb so keep the 911 forum going smoothly and everyone will be happy. :thumbsup: :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back