Have to disable the the remote keyless entry (fob controlled) on my 2002 Explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Have to disable the the remote keyless entry (fob controlled) on my 2002 Explorer

Bob Explorer 200

Reaction score
City, State
Boston, MA
Year, Model & Trim Level
I had my keyless entry fob (the only one I had) stolen from my house recently and have to disable the keyless entry system as soon as possible. Until I can get a replacement fob, I'll just be using the door lock key which is no big problem. How can I disable the system though? Reading online, one suggestion on this board was that going through the procedure of turning the ignition key from the ON to LOCK positions eight times within a ten second period that you'd use to reprogram the system would erase the code that's currently in there even though I wouldn't be entering a new code. Another suggestion was to either (1) unplug the RAP module or (2) disconnect a couple of wires on the RAP module that control the locks. The problem is that I don't know where the RAP module is located and whether I can just unplug the whole module or just disconnect the necessary wires. And how do I identify the wires that need to be disconnected. Can any of you guys tell me which of these three procedures would disable the system?

Right now the truck can be opened by whatever turd stole the fob and you can probably understand me wanting to get this done ASAP, so any help will be much appreciated.

Bob

Back