Headlight Turn, parking and sidemarker leds | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Headlight Turn, parking and sidemarker leds

WOLFexplorer

Reaction score
City, State
Massachusetts
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Explorer Limited
Was thinking about replacing those lights with leds. has anybody done this?
sidemarker has the w5w/194 bulbs and park/turn lamp has 3457k bulbs.

Thinking the led should be amber color because I swapped sidemarker bulb with white 194 led and it didnt look good. It was too white so it was making amber lens look yellow.

if anybody has changed them, would you mind post a picture of it and what color/led you used. thanks

good video on how to remove parking light > video <

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I just ordered LEDs on ebay Saturday. Hopefully they arrive soon, I specifically only purchased from US sellers to make sure they get here quicker. I did get amber for the lights behind the amber lense. You should always get the same color LED as the lense it's going behind. I did the full swap on my Raptor to LED. Brightness is about the same as stock, but the crisp on/off action of LED vs. the fading on/off action of stock bulbs just makes it look higher quality.

can u take a picture when its installed? what led did you buy?

Yup I'll take pics. And I assume I can do attachments here so I'll post them up.

Just got my HIDs in tonight and installed those. Can't wait for the LEDs to show up.

As for which ones I ordered, it was time consuming since some of the bulbs are funky numbers. I used the owners manual, sylvania's website, and some cross reference googling, to figure out what *should* work. I'll post up how it turns out.

Well the vleds v3 triton amber led came in yesterday. I installed them last night. No room to spare, definitely a tight fit. I did take some pictures. But unfortunately my Internet modem died last night. Hate Verizon fios! So I can't post pictures using my cell phone right now. Honestly I don't see much difference from v3 compared to stock. I messed around with them at night time. maybe they will look brighter during the day compared with stock bulbs. Overall, not what i expected. I'll post pics when I can

that kind of sucks after that kind of coin. If they aren't any brighter I'd maybe see if you can return them and get your money back and just do the regular style LEDs. I did get mine installed, posted up the info in another thread.

Here are some pictures and video for the Vleds V3 triton amber color I ordered. Small differences. I'll probably keep it. Can't get a full refund anyway.

Here are some pictures and video for the Vleds V3 triton amber color I ordered. Small differences. I'll probably keep it. Can't get a full refund anyway.

Hi,how are you, i ordered same Vleds V3 Triton as you,my car is 2013 ford explorer, When I installed these bulbs, then I start the vehicle, these bulbs doesn't works, no flash and lights. but when i turn off the car they works very well. Do you have the same problem, can you tell me how did you install?Thanks a lot!!!!!!!

i did not have any problems. Have no idea why its doing that.

Pics...

Ok, I want to upgrade my 2015 limited turn signals in front and back. I've been looking at the VLED TRITON but u really want to see videos of these in action on a 2011-2015 explorer to see how the look.

None of the pictures or videos in this post seem to be working.

Anyone?

Ok, I want to upgrade my 2015 limited turn signals in front and back. I've been looking at the VLED TRITON but u really want to see videos of these in action on a 2011-2015 explorer to see how the look.

None of the pictures or videos in this post seem to be working.

Anyone?
Welcome to the Forum.:wavey:
Disappearing pictures is not unusual on this Forum when members use 3rd party picture hosts because then the photos are not stored on our servers.
Perhaps you can send WOLFexplorer a private message and see if the pictures can be re posted or sent to you directly. Just click on his name in the margin and you'll be provide with options. BTW, his last post was in June. Good luck.

Peter

Back