• Register Today It's free!

Heat, No Heat!

albertabound

Reaction score
City, State
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 XLS 4WD
:ca: My heater seems to have a mind of it's own lately. It usually heats up nicely after a few minutes, and I'm good to go. Sometimes it will just blow cold air. It's totally random, happening at night, morning, after I've driven a while with the heat on, stopped, shut the engine off, then get back in a while later. All other functions are normal. It seems like a sticky sensor or thermostat. Has anyone had this problem, and/or know a fix? Thank you in advance.:)

Does the temp guage fluctuate more than normal? If so, maybe a bad T-stat.

:ca: My heater seems to have a mind of it's own lately. It usually heats up nicely after a few minutes, and I'm good to go. Sometimes it will just blow cold air. It's totally random, happening at night, morning, after I've driven a while with the heat on, stopped, shut the engine off, then get back in a while later. All other functions are normal. It seems like a sticky sensor or thermostat. Has anyone had this problem, and/or know a fix? Thank you in advance.:)

i ve got the same problem the heat fluxuates i don t think it s a thermostat i think we have blend door problems possibly actuators

sounds like a blend door problem

Back