Heated/Cooled Seats Voice Command | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Heated/Cooled Seats Voice Command

Went to the dealer today and the tech explained that the A/C air only flows when the seat sensor detects a body in the seat. So according to him if you were to turn on the A/C seats and stand at your drivers door holding a paper on the seat to see if it floats or sucks to the seat would not work.

You need to be in the seat.

I got into a friends Lexus and sat in the seat with the A/C seat on and you can feel cold air so Im still at a loss.

Tech said all they do is hook up the diagnostic test equipment and see if there are any trouble codes.

The manual seems to state that remote start will activate the cooled seats, if they were on prior to shutting the car off.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ithought the seats pick up the ambient coolness inside the car and recirculates it through the seat, not necessarily directly from the AC supply.
Heating, I believe, works by heating coils in the cushion. On my last trip my cooled seats didn't seem to cool so well.

From what I understand, the cooled/heated seats in the Explorer are from a company named Amerigon. They supply a large number of cooled/heated seats for the automotive industry.

The seats in the Explorer are actively cooled, but not by the car's A/C system. They use a peltier device to cool (and possibly heat) the air, which is then blown through the seat.

I have found the cooling effectiveness of these peltier seats to be from good to only so-so at times.

Looking at my seat closer today, it appears that the more recline you gave in the seat, the more airflow moves from bottom to top. There's an open plumbing connection in the back of the seat near the base.

When I have the cooled seats activated it feels like my pants are wet after a while.

When I have the cooled seats activated it feels like my pants are wet after a while.

LOL, you might want to have that checked out :D

I kinda get the same feeling, with all the nether regions getting all frosty. It just ain't natural!

Ours seems to work ok, I unstained what your saying experience the same.

tpchristian & calb,
I agree that this would be a “cool” idea! :D That would be a good submission to www.TheFordStory.com under the “Your Ideas” section. :)

I did post this on the ideas section. I did this a little under a year and a half ago. Either nobody looks at this, nobody at ford thinks it is missing. Now I can't even log on to this site. Reset my password and logged in with the new one. It still just keeps poping up the login screen. It seems like the votes not longer show up in the popularity. I sort by this up and down and they all show up as unpopular.

Heated seat On/Off Voice command

I have searched for this answer and also read the owners manual but couldn't find anything so I apologize in advance if I missed it.

Is there a voice command to turn on/off the heated seats? I have tried various commands that I thought might work and nothing worked.

If there is not, then I think that would be a great addition to voice commands.

Thanks to anyone with info!

I have searched for this answer and also read the owners manual but couldn't find anything so I apologize in advance if I missed it.

Is there a voice command to turn on/off the heated seats? I have tried various commands that I thought might work and nothing worked.

If there is not, then I think that would be a great addition to voice commands.

Thanks to anyone with info!
As per my PM to you, I have moved your post/thread to this existing one on the same question.
If you go select Settings on the MFT screen, then Help, and the Voice Commands, under Climate you will see that there are no voice commands for the seats.

Peter

As per my PM to you, I have moved your post/thread to this existing one on the same question.
If you go select Settings on the MFT screen, then Help, and the Voice Commands, under Climate you will see that there are no voice commands for the seats.

Peter

Thank you, Peterk9. As always you come to the rescue with the answer and great information. Truly, I did search but my search skill are lacking I am afraid!

Thanks again!

My seats work great and I have the 2013 model I feel them strong and air moving pretty well.

Back