Heater Core Valve hose routing | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Heater Core Valve hose routing

steve63933

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
'02 XLT 4X4 4.0L
I had the plastic heater valve brOke and I just patched it together until I got around to getting a new one.

Now I have forgetten which hoses goes where.

Can anyone tell me the routing of the heater core line at the vavle? Or a picture would be great.

THANKS

02 Explorer 4X4 4.0l xlt stock

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm not certain Steve but are either of these pictures what you're describing? I'm having issues with my heat right now and have posted these in a thread that I recently started. I can take more images if these aren't what you're after.

Michael

IMG_9094B.jpg

IMG_9095B.jpg

Mine is made different than that.

It has 2 hoses in from and 2 in back but they are offset with the valve at middle.

Here is the pic of mine without the vacuum valve on it.

heaterc.jpg

Does anyone got an 02 Explorer 4.0L that could take a pic of the engine compartment on the passangers side showing what hoses go where?

Thanks

I have a 2002 XLT 4.0 and mine looks pretty much like the pictures posted above. It looks like the ones above are from a 4.6 though. My vaccuum valve is at the front of the engine, under the alternator, but only has one hose in and one out. Mine Ex has manual controls. Perhaps you have the automatic climate control and maybe it uses a different valve at the firewall?

Sorry, I know this thread is old but I'm desperate... Same issue... Been flushing and think I swapped heater core hoses... so to clarify, the inlet is the one closest to the driver side (Arrows)? the one with the vacuum valve? Mine is a little different b/c of the rear A/C with a T down low but basically the same...

Back