• Register Today It's free!

Heater/Fan/AC Problems

Bushw@cker

Reaction score
City, State
Oregon
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 XLT
Well ever since I acquired my ex more than a year ago, my heater/fan/ac controals have never worked properly. Well the fan control works but the temperature control doesn't. No matter where i turn the temp knob it just heats up really hot and will not cool down. This means I cannot use my vents because they heat up like crazy no matter where the temp selector knob is pointed. My AC selector also heats up just like when i turn the vent on. So basically everything heats up when it shouldnt. My max ac was the only thing that worked for a while but now it is not cold at all, proabably cuz it needs coolant. Almost seems like everything heats up more when it is turned to the cool side than it does when it is turned to the hot side. Both still hot though. Could it be my temperatue control module in the dash? Suggestions..........

Thanks

i had this exact problem. after recharging the freon, AC max worked just fine, but AC norm still blew hot air, as well as every other setting, regardless of if the temp control was on cold or hot. The problem is the blend door which controls the amount of air coming from the heater core, and the fresh air. I found this tip, and fixed this last weekend. Im happy to say that it has worked perfectly for me. I hope it does the same for you.
http://home.earthlink.net/~kandc1/ford/blenddoorfix.html

PS. since you are blowing hot air out currently, be sure to rotate your actuator to the hot position if you decide to use this fix. (you'll know what i mean when you read the link). It will help you line up where to drill the hole.

Thanks, very much! I will try this ifx.

Yep, blend door broke, and now you're A/C is out of freon. Search for Blend Door and for A/C Recharge for more insight on both problems.

Back