• Register Today It's free!

Heater problems

Jakers_AK

Reaction score
City, State
North Pole, AK
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Sport Trac Adrenalin
Looked and couldn't find any threads with this particular issue. My heat gets hit, the issue is that it blows out of all vents. The floor, dash, defrost all at the same time. Is this a problem with the blend door actuator or something else? And if so, where might it be located? I have a parts truck so if I have to tear into that one for practice I will but it would be nice to know exactly where I should be looking. Thanks.

Oh yeah, it's a 2004 Adrenalin and my parts truck is an 02 model if that makes a difference in where the thing is located or if it's the same part.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Have any vacuum leaks? Check engine light on?

usually posts that arent repsonded to in timely fashion get pushed down, so theyre less likely to be seen

that being said, how is the blend door actuator?

It’s probably that. Found with one search, was the second result.

Have any vacuum leaks? Check engine light on?
Thanks for the response.
it seems that I can set it to blow to the floor and the dash vents but when I put it on defrost it barely blows out of the defroster but still blows out of all the other vents. Check engine light is on but that's another issue. No vacuum leaks as far as I can tell. I found another thread for a regular explorer that had the same issue here:

Apparently there's an issue with the defrost flaps staying shut which would be an issue with the actuator or motor whatever it's called. Something mechanical and not a vacuum issue.

So my next question would be how similar are regular explorers set up to the sport Trac? Are they identical because I really don't want to have to take the whole dash out to fix this but I will if I have to...

Back