• Register Today It's free!

Hello from Mn

MattME

Reaction score
City, State
Buffalo,Mn
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Explorer Xlt 4x4 v8
Hi,Matt from Mn.2006 xlt 4x4 v8.Have owned Explorers and Rangers my whole life from 91' to now a 06'.My 99'Explorer died after 412,876 miles(tranny went,engine was leaking coolant badly,and too rusty to sink any $ into it).Picked up a clean 06' from Arkansas at the start of the pandemic,shipped to Mn sight unseen.So far its been a work in progress catching up on some maintainence items that were neglected and fixing new issues as they arise.Hope to keep this one going to 400,000+ miles also,time will tell!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi,Matt from Mn.2006 xlt 4x4 v8.Have owned Explorers and Rangers my whole life from 91' to now a 06'.My 99'Explorer died after 412,876 miles(tranny went,engine was leaking coolant badly,and too rusty to sink any $ into it).Picked up a clean 06' from Arkansas at the start of the pandemic,shipped to Mn sight unseen.So far its been a work in progress catching up on some maintainence items that were neglected and fixing new issues as they arise.Hope to keep this one going to 400,000+ miles also,time will tell!
welcome!!! golly, 412, thats alot!!!!!!!!! sohc ohv or v8?

Welcome to the forum! Hope your 'new' Explorer works out well for you! Your '99 certainly kept on going!

Welcome Matt.

Welcome to the forum!

Welcome to this forum! Were you the original owner of the first one or did you get it with high mileage?
That Explorer had 165,000 miles when I purchsed it from its previous owner.While not the most powerfull all of the 4.0ohv I have owned have been great motors.

Back