• Register Today It's free!

Hello!

Chronicrage

Reaction score
City, State
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Explorer Sport Trac
New user here, had my trac for about 6 months now..will post some pics when I get some taken. Just got some Hankook Dynapro ATMs mounted 255/70/16 on MB Chaos wheels from discount tire, looks awesome!

My question is, I am fairly certain I have the stock shocks and at 126k, the ride seems a little loose to me..are the shocks a fairly easily done job on this little truck? also I have a slight "shake" at about 65 mph+, just had an alignment done and it just wont go away. Could it be wheel bearings?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome!

I've had DynaPro highway tires on my E250 and they were great, don't know about the ATM's. If you have 126K on stock shocks that means you needed new ones 100k ago. The top nuts on the rears can be a PITA but otherwise pretty easy job replacing them. Jack it up and check the wheel bearings and ball joints for play. Sure it's from the front? The rear axle shafts are pretty easily bent on these 8.8 rear ends.

Hmmmm never thought to check the rear axel

Thanks

Rear axle shafts are straight as an arrow..new bearings and a set of 4 ranchos on the way...should stiffen her back up and stop that wobble.

BTW 4wheelonline has a set of 4 ranchos for 159.99 with free shipping ...at 39.99 a shock to the door thats pretty hard to beat..

Next up after that are guards for the windows/sunroof and new door speakers.

welcome

Back