HELP 06 XLT will not fill up with gas. | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

HELP 06 XLT will not fill up with gas.

Ever since my radiator was replaced(4th time), along with thermostat housing, the dealer never sent my a "quality survey" or FORD discounts on work done at the dealership. I wonder why ? They figure the 3 year factory warranty is up, and it is no longer their problem.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ever since my radiator was replaced(4th time), along with thermostat housing, the dealer never sent my a "quality survey" or FORD discounts on work done at the dealership. I wonder why ? They figure the 3 year factory warranty is up, and it is no longer their problem.

haha yep exactly...thats the problem with america actually..no one gives a s***

It doesnt need gas. It must be a hybrid.:D

It doesnt need gas. It must be a hybrid.:D

haha yea tell the guage that...its permantly resting on E right now haha

part should be in tommrow

weird...im suprised its not a recall...i guess ill raise hell

hmm.........

GUESS WHAT??

I can't fill up with gas again. that new evap canister lasted a whole month. great....

Something is just wrong with that. Maybe a sensor?

Something is just wrong with that. Maybe a sensor?

Its got me confused...the canister I pulled out last time weighed 20 lbs....full of water/gas or whatever...Fun.

Fuel fill problem

TSB 07-25-3

12/24/07
FUEL FILL - SLOW OR EARLY SHUT OFF - BUILT
BEFORE 11/28/2007

FORD:
2006-2008 Explorer

MERCURY:
2006-2008 Mountaineer

ISSUE
Some 2006-2008 Explorer and Mountaineer vehicles built before 11/28/2007 may exhibit a slow or difficult fuel fill or early pump shut off condition when refueling. This symptom may be accompanied by DTC P0451. This concern may be due to water or ice causing a restriction in the fresh air hose connected to the fuel filler housing and not allowing the fuel system to vent properly.

ACTION
Follow the Service Procedure steps to correct the condition.

SERVICE PROCEDURE

Replace the fuel filler pipe fresh air vent tube with the redesigned shepherd hook tube. Inspect the vapor lines and Evaporative Emissions (EVAP) canister for water contamination. If the vapor line has water in it, clean the lines with shop air. If EVAP canister is contaminated with water, replace the canister.
1. Disconnect the fresh air tube at the dust separator and inspect for water intrusion.

a. If water is not present do not continue with this TSB. Follow normal diagnostic procedures found in the Work Shop Manual (WSM) Section 310-00 pinpoint test A.

b. If water is present, replace the fuel filler pipe fresh air vent line with the revised vent line.

2. Remove the EVAP canister and inspect for water intrusion. If contaminated replace the EVAP canister. Refer to the WSM, Section 310-01.

3. Clean the vapor lines with 100 psi of regulated shop air.

just like you said dew no one give ****, you should take a look at the nhtsa i am sure there is tons of complaints there about your problem and the radiator problem as well i found over 80 complaints at nhtsa about the radiator...i am going to give the nhtsa a call when i wake up its 4:18am in hawaii, see talk about your problem and mines, see if they are going to inspect the explorer and issue a recall

cuz you only get 3 survey's

it used to be just one. now its max 3.

and the used to be only 1 survey for the very first warranty repair. now its first 3 visits.

just like you said dew no one give ****, you should take a look at the nhtsa i am sure there is tons of complaints there about your problem and the radiator problem as well i found over 80 complaints at nhtsa about the radiator...i am going to give the nhtsa a call when i wake up its 4:18am in hawaii, see talk about your problem and mines, see if they are going to inspect the explorer and issue a recall

Hello all,

New here to this forum and in case you haven't alrady figured it out by now, I am having this same issue with my 2007 Explorer. That being said, what ever came of this inquiry that you were going to make about any possible recalls on this issue? Thanks in advance!

I'd bet that the Purge Vent Valve Solenoid is to blame here. Replaced a ****load of them on various Fords - they throw codes, you can't fill it, the fuel cap practically blows off when you unscrew it.....all kinds of little misfit behaviours. On the 2006-2010 Explorer, it's mounted on the right rear frame rail near the CV Axle. It's kind of a pain to get to, but it's really not that hard.

The part ranges from $75-$150, depending on where you care to shop.

Tim

Are you sure there is not a baffle or valve flap in the filler inlet. Some tanks have this and restricts flow if faulty. My wifes Jeep compass had it internally and the dealer had to replace the gas tank to fix it. There is a vapour outlet near the top where you fill. Pull off the hose and se if its still a problem (all tanks have that an if gas gets in it messes with the purge valve until it clears out).

Back