• Register Today It's free!

Help 2000 Explorer Questions...

92ExEBJoe87

Reaction score
City, State
Stratford, CT
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 XLS
I have a 2000 Ford Explorer XLS, I have the factory "Driving/Fog" lights I would like to put in an aftermarket set. My question is if it is possible to use the stock wiring that way I don't have to run my own wiring and use my own switch. (Mainly just use all the stock items wires/switch)

Also, I've noticed that on my 92 Explorer Eddie Bauer 4.0 SOHC and my 2000 XLS is going through Coolant like if it was nothing. Can anyone tell me if this is normal and how to fix this problem.

Thanks guyz!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Why would you want to replace the housings? Buy some H1 SilverStars. Worth it.

Both are most likely OHV motors. OHC wasn't available in '92. Chances are the XLS is as well. Quite possibly be a head gasket on both. Notice any smoke out tail pipe? Exhaust in the radiator?

Yes I meant OHV I want to replace them with something brighter, Uh, no weired exhaust color or smoke, none in the radiator either. Any ideas? :roll:

You can use the factory wiring for the fogs as long as the replacements aren't any more than 55 watts. If you want to go brighter, you'll need to use an aftermarket wiring harness with heavier wires. You can also run your own, and use the factory system to trigger a relay for the aftermarket stuff. :)

-Joe

You wouldn't to just lose coolant in the winter time would you? I was having the same issue, I'm not sure where the problem is tho. I'm not finding anything out of the ordinary.

Back