• Register Today It's free!

Help: 2014 10 Way seat track swap

raketemensch

Reaction score
City, State
Nevada
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Ford Explorer XLT
Hi all, I'm sorry to create another thread around the seat tracks. I did some searching here but I don't see any info on swapping the track.

My grandmother's explorer seat up/down stopped working. tried the switch and the switch is fine. I ordered a track and I can't find a service manual or the swap process for this gen.

Any help would be appreciated, I plan to get through this today.

Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
If the issue is with the Up and Down, I doubt the problem would be the track. Sounds more like a motor issue. The track would be used for forward and backward adjustments.

Peter

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
If the issue is with the Up and Down, I doubt the problem would be the track. Sounds more like a motor issue. The track would be used for forward and backward adjustments.

Peter
The motor for up/down is dead. Forward/backward motor is serviceable replacement, however the up/down and tilt are not. Needed to buy the track for the replacement motor.

I didn't realize that the up/down motor was on a track of its own but I guess it makes sense since it has to remain under the seat when it's moved.
I don't know if this thread will be of any help or not.

Peter

I didn't realize that the up/down motor was on a track of its own but I guess it makes sense since it has to remain under the seat when it's moved.
I don't know if this thread will be of any help or not.

Peter
All good, I found some videos of people taking their seat apart to fix broken heating pads. Once I had the bottom cover off, I just took out the T50 bolts for the seat back and swapped it out. Pretty easy job.

Back