help are these unsafe? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

help are these unsafe?

hey guys it time to get tires for the ex, i was wantin to get some 33x1250 but my dad says there to big for ym truck, truck has the "roll over problems".. alright so he says hes willin to get me 30x950 perelli scorpion at, there good tires but i wanted a more aggressive tread and bigger size at least 31x1050, he runns nittos on his excursion(285's) and on his SD (HD 18's), but nittos dotn come samller then 33's..so .. the perellis are i think 97$ and i for the bfs'ko for 105 for 31x1050, but i need alil help convincein him that the tires/size would be safe on the 15x7 wheels etc etc (i also told him im willin to pay the diff in price for the bigger more agressive bfg's... what do u guys think?? is it safe to run 31x1050;s on stock wheels?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That combination is completely safe and has been run by many members without incident. Although the tire is taller than stock it is also wider.. The width increases overall vehicle track width and thus stability. My 1st gen (5" lift) sits on 33x12.5s and feels much more stable than stock.. But again 12.5 tires are VERY wide (as seen in the pic below)
182052005_Jamboree_02_WEB-med.jpg

so me runnin 31x1050's on stock wheels really wont hurt anything?

nope shouldn't. And you can't fit 33s without trimming. 31s should fit fine

-Drew

ok thanks guys

they are not unsafe at all.. i ran 32-11.50s with a body lift for a long time and never had a proble.... like ExplorerDMB said though you will need some lift to fit anything bigger then a 31-10.50. I see you already have a tt and shackles, and im not sure about what tires you can clear with those, im a first gen guy, ask around im sure someone can tell you how big you can go without trimming.

You'll be fine with 31's. With a tt and shackles you may be able to get away with 32's, but you may have to trim the fenders some. I would say 31's would be your best option and they will be perfectly safe as long as you drive like you are driving a truck, not a sports car.

Back