• Register Today It's free!

Help brakes

jgianettino

Reaction score
City, State
NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 ford explorer EB
2002 EB- my E bbreak light was lite, I new i needed new E-break pads, did not have time to do myself, Mech called me and siad the rear breaks were gone also, he replaced both E-brakes and new rotors and pads, Now the E break light is still lite only in reverse does it go out, in reverse if i press the E-break peddle, the lght comes on, also if I push the float down in the master Cyl, it also comes on in reverse only, when I place the car back into park drive, 1 2 or 3rd the E-break light stays lite, someone told me that the proportion valve is stuck inside the master cyl, Is ther a way to reset this? please help?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Try leaving your battery disconnected overnight.

stupid question but is the master full? if so i would so as gm said and try disconnecting the battery

All fixed, There was another circut tied into the brake switch causeing the light to stay lite, removed circut all is good... Thanks

What circuit did you disconnect? The brake light on the dash is also a trouble light to notify you of a problem with the brake system. Maybe it was on because there is a problem?
Posted via Mobile Device

Back