help! driver side door lock broke. i cant open any of my doors | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

help! driver side door lock broke. i cant open any of my doors

--Alex--

Reaction score
City, State
colorado
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 explorer sport
I have a 95 explorer sport, I tried to open my driver side door with my key, and (snap) my key turns freely with no resistance. I pulled the door apart and found a small spring and a plastic piece. This also happened to my back hatch and my passenger side door has been jammed for some time now. I can’t lock my car anymore because I have no way of unlocking it. My keyless entry stopped working too.

I did a search and found this thread, but the pictures are gone. I think I got enough info from it to get an idea of what to do. But I can’t get to what I need because I have no room to work. I took a video so that you can see what im working with. I am more than happy to take more pictures or video if needed im stuck. Any help at all will be appreciated.

thanks,
Alex

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i figured everything out. i just need to find a part.

LMCtruck.com has door latch parts you need, I replaced mine about 2 weeks ago, 60.xx after shipping, good luck to ya

you might wanna check your latch mechanism too if its gummed up it may cause the problem from the parts resisting movement.. That's how I broke my lock. Well, that and I had some moisture in there from early fall and the winter had seen some negative temperature...... pb blaster or wb-40 into the latch loosened it all up nicely.

Back