help!!!!!!!! fender removal | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

help!!!!!!!! fender removal

So i am trying to make a snorkel, due to recent scares of hydrolocking, and i cant get the fender off... i am stuck somewhere around the headlight area. i have removed these bolts

100_0791.jpg

and this bolt

100_0792.jpg

and one in the headlight area

100_0793.jpg

where is the other one???? What am i hangin up on?????

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

nevermind, i got it, there is a nut that you have to turn, and you get to it by removing the inner fender, and then you can see it, i used a deep socket 7/16ths to get it off, whew, now all i have to do is fab up the pipe and slap it all back together!

Sorry to get here late.

Yeah an 11mm nut holds the header pannel to the fender.

Sounds like you got it :thumbsup:

The one in the door jam requires a long 1/4 inch drive extension.

Every bolt on the fender is pretty easy to get to if you know a few tricks

can you post a pic of the nut your talking about in the inner fender. i'm actually about to take my fender of cause i have a leak in the driver side come thru by the fender. so every time it rains i have a water inside. it sucks.

I'm pretty sure the one they are talking about is located behind the fender where the fender and lower part of the front header panel meet.

In the last picture above ^^^^ just below the headlight you will see a seam. The bolt they refer to is holding that seam together from in behind.

hey i came across this forum by googling the exact same problem. im trying to replace my header panel though. my only question is how to get the wheel liner loose enough to get an extenstion in there.

i have all of the bolts and screws out

Back