Fender removal ?'s | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Fender removal ?'s

Hey all~

I've been trying to remove my front driver fender from a 99 explorer sport, but won't seem to come the last bit of the way...I removed the nut from behind the headlight, and the screw a little further back, but it seems like it is still stuck right there. I can look in there and see how it wants to move, but it just sits right there on the bolt protruding from behind the headlight....any help GREATLY appreciated, thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Have you removed the bolt right above the bumper?

I have removed the bolt facing outward on the left side behind the bumper, and the nut that sits under the truck kind of around the headlight...someone told me I may have to remove more parts then just the fender, i.e. the headlight and maybe more just to pull the fender off, but i dont know...still lost and frustrated...

I didn't have to remove the headlight, but I had to remove the corner lamps.

alrighty i can look down in there and see some sort of "clip", so maybe that will release it...back to work...

there are two bolts in the door jamb as well, I think

Two in the jamb
three or four across the top
two down by the rocker
one by the top of the bumper
one going from the header panel inside the fender
two behind the markerlight.

All are 8mm except the one inside the fender holding on the header panel that is an 11mm

Oh yeah the phillips screws holding on the fender liner

Back