Help for installing blue auxillary lights? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Help for installing blue auxillary lights?

Hey light guys, I could use some help. Here is what I am thinking of doing. I want to run blue auxillary lights, you know the small rectangle ones about 2" in length, in the wheel welds of my truck so that when on at night it will be a blue light in there. The lights come with no diagram or directions all they say it self grounding screw and have a wire coming from each end. My guess is that they are power wires so that you can run multiple lights in a parellel circuit? Any one have any ideas on this? Also what would I need as far as wiring, switches etc. I want to keep it as clean as possible and without drilling too many holes. Thanks for all the anticipated help.

Rich

test everything before you install it, and maby google installation instructions?

Aren't blue lights illegal except for law enforcement?

I believe in Michigan it is visible blue lights. The lights I am planning to install would be under the wheel welds of the vehicle and not visible, sort of like underbody neons. I am sure that as in Michigan you cannot have any lights on while driving the vehicle.

Rich

Back