Help!!!.....front driveshaft CV joint problem!! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Help!!!.....front driveshaft CV joint problem!!

Hey I have the same truck as you and have the same problem, I got the part for $150 at AutoZone with a $100 core charge. I have yet to look on how to replace it but like my Jefe says, "No one is born knowing everything" the thing that my truck was doing was, when I sped up or floored it 80% of the times I would hear a big popping noise and a little faint yet noticeable ticking but that big popping still happens going down the road at times.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the forum Serio! You can actually climb up under the truck and check to see if the CV-joint boot is torn. Which it often is when you hear the joint going bad. There is some helpful info in the first link I provided on actually replacing it.

Fixed it.

Here is the long and short of my story:

I had the front drive shaft rebuilt - noise didn't go away, minus $300
Took to a guy to run diagnosis, he says that TC is bad and wanted 2100 to replace
I took it to an axle/diff guy and he had to rebuilt the tc and put in new u-joints on the rear drive shaft for $1,000. Fixed the problem and gave me another over-drawn checking account.

I'm a glutton for punishment and I still have to replace the heater core, blend door, an exhaust leak that I don't know which part to buy to fix but I know where it is...still a long way to go.

2000 Ford Explorer driveshaft cv joint repair

I need to replace the driveshaft cv joint and don't exactly know how to do it. I am going to do it myself as I do all other repairs on my 2000 Ford Explorer. Can anyone tell me how or give me a link to a tutorial video of some kind?

He’s been waiting 6 years for this.

Always comes up for people searching for the issue, though, so someone will likely find it helpful in the future.

Back