Help fuel guage | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Help fuel guage

delsolsi

Reaction score
City, State
raliegh, nc
Year, Model & Trim Level
hey guys im new to the fourm but have had my explorer for about 5 mths.. well anyway since i got it the gas guage never worked it would work when it wanted to and then stop working..well today i droped the tank and replaced the float cause the other one only had the metal bar for the float no float so i guess its in the tank somewhere. well anyways i put the tank back up and turned the key and went from it saying empty all the time to full all the time please help i am tired of clockin miles forgettin and running out of gas

hey guys im new to the fourm but have had my explorer for about 5 mths.. well anyway since i got it the gas guage never worked it would work when it wanted to and then stop working..well today i droped the tank and replaced the float cause the other one only had the metal bar for the float no float so i guess its in the tank somewhere. well anyways i put the tank back up and turned the key and went from it saying empty all the time to full all the time please help i am tired of clockin miles forgettin and running out of gas

replace the fuel sending unit. get the one that comes with a fuel pump minus well replace it while you have the tank dropped.

Back