• Register Today It's free!

Help!....i Need A Front Locker

johndavid

Reaction score
City, State
cedar grove tennessee
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 explorer xlt
Hello All, I Have A Problem, I Have A 91 Explorer Xlt, I Want To Put A Locker In The Front, But I Really Dont Know Were To Get It And What Is The Best One , Could Someone Please Tell Me Were To Get One, I Am Trying To Get This Rig Trail Ready, I Just Got It And Am Trying To Finish It Up, Thanks For Any Help........johndavid

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the site.. Do a search first.. You might wanna put a rear locker in first then go for a front one.

Hello, Its Great To Be Here, I Have A Locker In The Rear, I Want It Locked In The Fort Also, I Dont Want To (lincoln Lock) It, I Just Dont Know Which One Works The Best In The Front Of An Explorer, .....johndavid

I'd go with a ARB or Electric locker since it gives you L/S when its off.

I Really Wanted To Go Cheaper, I Dont Drive This On The Street, Its Just For Trail, 3 Inch Body Lift, 4 Inch Skyjacker Suspension Lift, 33x12.50 On 10 Inch Wheels, Spring Over In Rear, Custom Shock Mounts, Etc, .....what About The Power Trax Lockers?.......anybody Running Those In The Explores?....i Ran It In My Suzuki And It Did Good, But It Was Very Light,

I think you would have very good luck with the Powertrax Lockrite or NoSlip. If you have manual hubs, you'll be able to avoid the (possible) drivetrain bind that can be experienced on pavement. If it's off-road only, it's a non-issue.

I have a Genuine Gear Quick Lok I bought for the front of my 91. My truck was totaled before it got installed. I'll sell it for $165 plus shipping. If your interested PM me.

Back