• Register Today It's free!

HELP installing btf spacers

armysoldier30263

Reaction score
City, State
Shaw AFB, SC
Year, Model & Trim Level
05 BLACK 4.0 XLT
got the rear done CANNOT get the lower strut bolt to go in the front strut 2.25/1.75 lift need an answer asap thanks

cant get the lower a arm to drop far enough already read and followed the list install sticky

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Best thing to do is bolt the lower part of the strut in then bend the lower front control arm down till the top of the strut can be angled over and slid into the upper mount. To bend the lower arm down I had to put a foot on it and use my weight to push it down.
Posted via Mobile Device

Just installed my lift today, thanks again Ronin, and it's much easier bolting the lower in first. Struggled doing front driver side with the top bolted in and did the passenger side in about 10 minutes bolting the lower in and stepping on the knuckle.

Patience... You need to both it into the top first and then play with the lower control arm. I found that using a screw drive under the control arm works best. Use the screw driver in-between the strut bolt and control arm.

Just installed my lift today, thanks again Ronin, and it's much easier bolting the lower in first. Struggled doing front driver side with the top bolted in and did the passenger side in about 10 minutes bolting the lower in and stepping on the knuckle.

glad that tip helped you!

Any pics from you or Armysoldier of the final result?

postin asap got em done with your tip ronin ... you are a life saver bro

Back