33x12.50r20 os -12 with btf spacers? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

33x12.50r20 os -12 with btf spacers?

jaxjag

Reaction score
City, State
Jax, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
03 Centen limited 4.6 4x4
bought some new 20x9 rims with a -12 offset and came across a set of 33x12.50r20 toyo mud terrains for a GOOD deal and am trying to see if they would fit on my explorer once I put my 2.25/ 1.75 btf spacers in. Im not worried about a lil rubbing but ANY INSIGHT IS APPRECIATED OR A LINK TO A GOOD THREAD TO READ.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks for all of the input guys!! :rolleyes: I said screw it and bought the tires. The 33s are actually the same height as my 265/70/18s and not as much wider as I thought they'd be. With the difference in tire size and rim offset, my tires will sit almost 2 inches further out per side than they are now. Cant wait to get the lift so I can put my new rim and tire setup on and see if I'm comfortable with the amount of trimming. Here is one of my new rims by TIS model DL 535B. :D
CAM02953_zpsa0d94563.jpg

Glad your stepping up and trying it out. I'm interested to see how this combo looks.

Unfortunately it seems like this forum isn't as active as it used to be. I can't wait to see what the 33's with 20's look like on your explorer! Are you going just spacers + UCA's or are you going to run a body lift too?

:chug:I thought the 2.25/1.75 spacers were safe with stock UCAs? As of now i didnt order the control arms, i saw somewhere that a guy altered stock coltrol arms and was able to run larger struts with plenty of space. But then CVs are qusetionable. Im just not a big fan of body lifts but have been debating one and will probably end up with one.

After 22 agonizing days of waiting I have recieved my spacer lift and I am hoping to install it sometime this week.

Pretty excited to see how this turns out

:chug:I thought the 2.25/1.75 spacers were safe with stock UCAs? As of now i didnt order the control arms, i saw somewhere that a guy altered stock coltrol arms and was able to run larger struts with plenty of space. But then CVs are qusetionable. Im just not a big fan of body lifts but have been debating one and will probably end up with one.

With any spacer and stock balljoints, it's not so much the "if" it is going to fail, it's "when." Altering the stock upper control arms is iffy because you are taking the arms out of parallel, unless you move the bottom ones as well.

You can run the stock ones for some time, but since it's hard to tell when they will fail, I would recommend planning to swap the BTF UCAs in at some point before too long.

Where are the pictures?

Thanks for all of the input guys!! :rolleyes: I said screw it and bought the tires. The 33s are actually the same height as my 265/70/18s and not as much wider as I thought they'd be. With the difference in tire size and rim offset, my tires will sit almost 2 inches further out per side than they are now. Cant wait to get the lift so I can put my new rim and tire setup on and see if I'm comfortable with the amount of trimming. Here is one of my new rims by TIS model DL 535B. :D
CAM02953_zpsa0d94563.jpg

How much does each wheel weigh, if you don't mind me asking?

Ive been pretty busy and havent had the time to get the lift in yet. :( i did however throw a couple of the new rims/tires on the back for a little just to get an idea of the look. Itll be done as soon as i have a little time and tools.
CAM03085-1_zps1a791898.jpg
CAM03084-1_zps326f990e.jpg

Ive been pretty busy and havent had the time to get the lift in yet. :( i did however throw a couple of the new rims/tires on the back for a little just to get an idea of the look. Itll be done as soon as i have a little time and tools.
CAM03085-1_zps1a791898.jpg
CAM03084-1_zps326f990e.jpg

That looks great. Can't wait to see what it'll look like with the spacers. I'm in the process of wheel shopping right now so I've been dying to see what 33x12.5x20s would look like on our explorers.

You planning on putting those spacers on sometime soon? :D

Well, put the spacers on in the front tonight, got the new wheel setup put on the front then my locking lugnut key got stripped out. Lol the front is finished still have to do the rear. Yes, there is rubbing. I wont be doing any tight u-turns until i do some trimming. Hopefully ill be able to find my locking lug key at a local store. Ill try to get some pictures up tomorrow.

Find a junk socket and a 5 lb sledge. Slam it on and viola, locking lug comes off.

The key side isnt stripped the adaptor (i think 13/16?) side is stripped. It also accommodates 3/4, problem is trying to find one skinny enough to fit in the tiny laftermarket lug nut holes.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well, put the spacers on in the front tonight, got the new wheel setup put on the front then my locking lugnut key got stripped out. Lol the front is finished still have to do the rear. Yes, there is rubbing. I wont be doing any tight u-turns until i do some trimming. Hopefully ill be able to find my locking lug key at a local store. Ill try to get some pictures up tomorrow.
Awesome, can't wait to see the pics. I got all my suspension parts but I've been waiting to buy wheels and tires until I saw this combo haha.

Back