• Register Today It's free!

Help me grow

Godspeed

Reaction score
City, State
Corrales, New Mexico
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 XLT
Dose anyone know what are the longest front coils i can get for my 92 X. I was hoping for something on the line of 21 inch with some spacers. Then my next question is what type of raduis arm should i replace the stock one with. Also will i need to put in a new camber blocks or not. Allright last question really more of a problem. When my X is flexing my rear swaybar beats on the tubing of my shock, what should i do?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

21 inch? i dont think so... i think the biggest you can go is like 8" lift springs....but you would need some major drop down brackets.... and with springs that big your d35 wouldnt handle a 40" tire...... 21" is just f***ing crazy

I just ran out side to double check my front coils right now are 14inchs long 35inch tires, and yes you are right some serious drop down brackets would have to be used, but i' am still hoping 21inch coils with a SOA will fit a nice set of 38.5x15 swamper.

21 still seems like way too much.... do what oknut did...i dont think the d35 could hanle a 38 inch tire

Jim is completely right here!!!! Your dana 35 won't handle the tire size and wieght. With my 36" Swamps I have to rebuild the axle atleast every 5 months. Its either just the bearings or the whole damn axle shaft itself. Besides with that much lift what the heck could you do with besides drive it around town all day? And please don't say "wheelin it man" cause you just crazy for that one. Trust someone who knows top heavy ok. Even with my lift and 36s I am limited at my angles on trails but you let me throw on my 33s and I'll whoop your a** all over the trail. See what I'm gettin at here?

I totally see were you guys are coming from and i understand. Thanks alot for the advice you saved me from a big mistake. I think the aproach i will take then is coil overs in the front a SOA rear. Please tell me there is no argument with that. All opions and tips i' am open to.

Thanks again guys for setting that straight for me.

with a 21" overall free length coil u will need some 6" drop brackets(skyjacker,superlift) and that size coil will give u somewhere in the range of 7-8" of lift .........i hope u werent' considering lifting it 21" ............ but anyway go buy a complete lift or brackets and buy some national coils witha 21" free length with a 350+ spring rate and sit 7-8" high .....have fun

Back