Help me identify injectors! (need info asap!) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Help me identify injectors! (need info asap!)

srvblues00

Reaction score
City, State
Denver, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 Sport / 88 Turbo Stang
I am swapping intakes and replacing all gaskets, flushing coolant, and replacing the t-stat in hopes of curing a coolant leak. Anyway, today I tore off the upper, fuel rail, injectors, and driver's side valve cover. I had an extra set of injectors, but they seem different than the injectors that were on my X when I took it apart this afternoon. Here's what I have:

(stock?) Injectors that I removed today have a code on them of 92TF-AA (red top). The extra set of injectors that I have are coded as 90TF-AA (all black).

My current injectors have 120K miles on them; my spare set has 80K. Obviously, I'd prefer to use the 80K set. What is the difference between these injectors? Is it ok to use the 90TF-AAs? What's their flow rating?

I'm hoping to put my X back together tomorrow, so any help tonight would really be appreciated! Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ok, y'all are too slow, I've already decided which injectors to go with after talking to a dude in the Ford parts dept. Thanks for the help! :thumbdwn:

sorry no one replied, what did you find out?

Well, I guess injector data is much harder to find than I realized. Even the dude at the dealer couldn't tell me what I had based on my part numbers! How screwed up is that!??!?! He could verify that the red top injectors are the stock ones, but he has no idea what the flow rating is. Also, he was able to verify that the solid black injectors came from the same displacement engine, but he wasn't sure what engine. He suggested an Aerostar (didn't think they made those with a 4.0!??). So basically, I have decided to use the black injectors, and then if there's problems, I'll take them out and stick in the stock red tops. Hopefully I'll get it all back together in the next day or so. I wasn't able to work on it today as much as I wanted to.

Stock 4.0 Explorer injectors are 19#. Yes, the Aerostar did have the option of the 4.0 OHV, and should've also come with 19# injectors.

Back