Supercharger install 9+lb boost! Full build | Page 9 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Supercharger install 9+lb boost! Full build

Work in on the wideband

20200303_114558.jpg

20200303_114616.jpg

20200303_114644.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looking great!
Perfect spot for that wideband too, mainly its not on the bottom where water would collect and damage the sensor.
Its also not far from the original one so it will read accurately and stay at the correct temperature.
Keep up the great work!

Looking great!
Perfect spot for that wideband too, mainly its not on the bottom where water would collect and damage the sensor.
Its also not far from the original one so it will read accurately and stay at the correct temperature.
Keep up the great work!
I have used live link to data log a idle file a rev file and 2 loaded revs
I'm waiting for the next email now

Question will this custom tune from lasota act like a 93 octane can tune that's been modified like you are showing in your YouTube videos?

I have used live link to data log a idle file a rev file and 2 loaded revs
I'm waiting for the next email now

Question will this custom tune from lasota act like a 93 octane can tune that's been modified like you are showing in your YouTube videos?

I don't quite know how to answer this.
I am guessing he will start out with the 93 octane tune file and make modifications to it like I am doing. That is the process that everyone seems to be following.
Keep in mind before installing the tune the timing has to be backed off, I just did not get that far in the tuning process yet in my videos.
I am still building the base tune which is just a start up tune and it will be adjusted and modified from there.
The heart of tuning is ignition timing and A/F mixture tuning, I hope to get to that point in my videos before too long.

Don Lasota is one of the top names in tuning, he wrote the Coyote Cook Book which teaches how to tune the 5.0 Coyote engine.
I have read it and was blown away from all the timing tables that are in the PCM's for those vehicles. I struggle to grasp understanding of such a huge number of new concepts all at once.
Don is one of the few that have been willing in the past, to kind of teach or tell you what they are doing along the way while tuning your vehicle if you purchased that option.
He also sells books and videos for training, I have purchased the Ford book, and Video and learned a lot from them.
In other words you are in good hands.

What exactly did you purchase from him, he has a lot of options on his website?

I have been e email and talking on the phone with don himself nice guy he has the truck running better than ever but he did say he ant done I sent a WOT data log yesterday so we're close. I also asked him to leave the original options and adjustments for the sct x4. @4pointslow
Quote"What exactly did you purchase from him, he has a lot of options on his website?" I got the Sct x4 and a custom tune with power adder $ 524 shipped

( Delphi Weather Pack 2 Pin Sealed Connector Kit 12-10 GA | eBay )

decided to put a connector, ^^^, to give us the ability to remove the fan because we didnt think of that before and now it is in. the camera made the soldering job look horible but it was a good solder joint which we also crimped with the proper crimping tool.
this wire is supposed to be 10 gauge but is more like 8 gauge so it baerely fit in the connector, the connector is rated for 43 amps. we appericiate comment on this thred so please leave them.

20200312_163640.jpg
20200312_163910.jpg
20200312_170806.jpg
20200312_171437.jpg
20200312_173948.jpg
20200312_174013.jpg

we also changed the inline transmission filter and with the old one decided to open it to see what the filter was looking like and it was CLEAN, the filter was on for exactly 1 year and took about 4 ounces of transmission fluid to top it off after we changed the filter. the magnet was used else where. this filter does have a functioning bipass valve. we appericiate comments on this thred so please leave them.

20200312_182350.jpg
20200312_193426.jpg

what did you cut the filter open with?
It looks like it did its job!

We used pliers and bent down the edge to break the weld and to prevent metal greeting in the filter from a cut off wheel and to give it the most accurate results. That is a VERY well made filter.

I like the video!! Just watched it
How is 6psi treating you? I always wanted to supercharge a V6 !!

who made the inline trans filter?

Filter Amazon.com: Magnefine 3/8" Magnetic Inline Transmission/Power Steering Filter: Automotive

The 6 psi added lots of pep but the tune I think did the most
The combination of the two it's great the sct x4 is very nice I adjusted the transfer shift firmness up 10% for each shift it just kinda floats down the road you can climb a steep hill at 1200 rpm 6psi boost and not even know unless you look at the gauge s. The blower noise is great at higher rpm sounds like a ps pump

It keeps improving, good work!

20200322_162645.jpg
20200322_154045.jpg
20200322_154006.jpg
20200322_162233.jpg

We wanted a better bracket for the egr tube not th he best but better

The hardware store & auto parts store sell packs of cable straps in various diameters. They look like a hard ring with a hole to mount with a bolt. The same mounting bolt tightens the loop around the cable. It's a compact design.

The hardware store & auto parts store sell packs of cable straps in various diameters. They look like a hard ring with a hole to mount with a bolt. The same mounting bolt tightens the loop around the cable. It's a compact design.
I had this stuff laying around from the electric fan I thought it looked ok plus I was kinda board
Staying in because of the coronavirus
I'm still trying to figure out the whole obd2 thing I posted above

I plugged in forscan just to have a look see if it still works I noticed that the obd2 had most of the monitor s not supported here is a stock pic and a pic after the tune flash
All the PIDs are still there to any opinions View attachment 179443View attachment 179444

Obviously y'all can't won't or don't want to answer this question and it seems to have killed my thread so ill delete that post
So I'll be back on track with this thread

Btw the fact no one knows is worrying me lol

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So update

I have been messing with shift firmness it's great to be able to adjust them

Finely settings are
1-2 + 5%
2-3 + 10%
3-4 + 15%
4-5 + 15%
Feels great faster more positive shifts

You can adjust from -25% to +25%

Any thoughts on what not to do and has anyone damaged the transmission doing this

Back