• Register Today It's free!

Help needed. (coolant leak)

63pala

Reaction score
City, State
Woodbridge NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 ford explorer XLT
I'm having a coolant leak, but i do not have a part # nor I have a name for the spacific hose. I tried to explain the local autozone, but no luck.

can some one help me identify this hose and if you have a part# can you please post it.

The leak is located on the passenger side, the hose goes from the water neck to the heater core I believe through a "T" and that's were is leaking at the T.

Thanks.

Having a hard time uploading a picture, hopefully this works.

2db1bth.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I guess I didn't work, let me try this again.

2wcmfjt.jpg

Does it have rear HVAC controls?

That is a heater hose. It comes with the Tee intergrated into the hose. I do not have the part number handy. You can look it up on Rock Auto. They have the best price.

Yes it does have the rear HVAC controls, I will look it up on Rock auto.

I looked in Rock auto, but the one that shows, has a small diameter hose at the TEE, the one in my car the diameter is all the same size.

It is a heater hose assembly. You may want to call Ford first and then look at Rockauto. I remember having the same problem that you are having, identifying the part on Rockauto. I had repair shop perform the repair and they listed the price of part at around $200, and I think they purchased it from Ford and now that I think about it, they may have had to wait for the part to get shipped in. It's a spider web of hoses all attached together.

I was thinking on cutting the plastic "T" off and put a Barbed copper Tee fitting with hose clamps, that might be easier to do and cheaper.:D

I was thinking on cutting the plastic "T" off and put a Barbed copper Tee fitting with hose clamps, that might be easier to do and cheaper.:D
:thumbsup: Beats getting gouged on genuine Ford or Motorcraft prices. Only concern is that the hoses appear hard and brittle.

Looking at the Ford Parts website, the part that it appears to be is:

18B402 $121.54
(KT-78)

Ford
HVAC Heater Hose Tube
4.0L V6 12V Single Over Head Cam EFI Less Engine Oil Cooler With Aux Overhead Heater And A/C All Left Hand Drive Territories

That was the reason for asking about rear air. The non-rear air has no T in the hose.

Thanks for the helpful links, and part #s much appreciated.

Today, I got me a long heater hose of the same diameter and some fittings. hopefully I can fix it this weekend. I will post a picture of the end result.:chug:

Ok, fixed it no leaks and it cost me $18.00 :D

Here is a picture of the new repair, don't mind the lil of coolant that spilled on the engine.
hw9uzd.jpg

And here is the old Tee.
28k1v1i.jpg

Thanks guys for all the help. :chug:

Thank you, where did you get the Tee, part numbers?

Back