• Register Today It's free!

Help on speaker install

raceboy27_07

Reaction score
City, State
Tupelo, MS
Year, Model & Trim Level
'02 Ford Explorer
Im new to the whole speaker installing deal and when i got the door panel off and the speaker out it just had a plug on the end of the wires. to instal my after market speakers do i cut the wires or what? HELP NEEDED!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I just remove part of the wire covering to expose bare wire then add a piece of wire to each. then put 2 female conectors on the wire you added. tape it up and your good to go. I didn't wanna cut the plug off incase I sold my mounty I could just throw the stock one in.

Just use a butt splice and cut the connector off. If you wanna put the old speakers back in if you sell it, just butt splice the old ones back in.

You can also buy adapters to splice to the (new) speaker side, these will plug right into the existing truck connectors without changing the stock wiring. Look at the crutchfield website.

Hope this helps.

Mike

Yeah, you can just get a speaker harness as stated above. Best Buy should carry them too.

Or cut with enough room on the plug and sod and tape or butt up. Before you sell just retape/sod up.

Back