• Register Today It's free!

Help??? P0141 Code?

ETHACK

Reaction score
City, State
nv
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 X SOHC 4x4
Ok got motor in and is running but this code keeps popping up says "P0141- O2 sensor Heater Circuit Bank 1 Sensor 2 " now I'm led to believe that is the passenger rear O2 sensor, right? Now other ?? is does this mean that O2 sensor is bad or is catalytic converter is going bad?? Also, does this effect the motor running in anyway too lean/rich,etc??? TIA you guys are great, this will be our traveling rig and must be 100!!!

Bank 1 sensor 2 is the passenger rear o2 sensor

There will be a separate code p0420 I think if you had a bad cat look for a bad wire or the sensor itself

That's where I would start

If you just had the engine out maybe look by the trans bellhousing where the connections are you must have disconnected them to get the engine out

Bank 1 sensor 2 is the passenger rear o2 sensor

There will be a separate code p0420 I think if you had a bad cat look for a bad wire or the sensor itself

That's where I would start

If you just had the engine out maybe look by the trans bellhousing where the connections are you must have disconnected them to get the engine out
Yea thats what I was thinking the 1 up at bellhousing/manifold would be Sensor 1 not 2 right or are the wires on same circuit, will double check though as still got fender wells off so easy to reach I'm hoping its not the cat but if so then probably do ex system. O2 sensor alot cheaper though. The back sensor do you know if it effects the fuel/air mixture or is that only the #1 sensors?

There are two connections in that area a big one and a o2 sensor one the o2 sensor connector is for the front sensor but I think the other connector has your wires in it try to reseat it

Back