• Register Today It's free!

Help puddle lights!!!

mercer21

Reaction score
City, State
NEWFOUNDLAND CANADA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 EXPLORER LIMITED
Hey im just trying to figure out how to change the bulbs in my puddle lights i tryed to get a flat top up there and wedge the plastic down but just ended up cracking a peice off of each side on both mirrors but luckly it wasnt the peice that has the clip holding it up there, can some one please tell me if theres some trick to getting these lights changed or do i have to take the mirror off.

Mine are eld in place with one small screw. I don't remember what kind of screw it is, but if you look, you'll see it. Take out the screw, and the lens falls out

Tom

a flat head won't do, cuz its too thick, you need something like one of those cheap kitchen knives, really thin at the end and not too wide. You'll have to insert it between the mirror housing and the end of the puddle light (you'll see that the lens tapers towards the exterior), it has to be in the middle of that tapered end, and kinda jimmy it in there while gently rocking it so as to pop the light out without cracking the lens or marring the mirror's exterior.

It's not a long process but you have to be cautious and patient.

Back