HELP!!! Which speakers should I get!? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

HELP!!! Which speakers should I get!?

snobrder9186

Reaction score
City, State
Cleveland, OH
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 Sport 2Dr 4WD
SORRY I WROTE A BOOK BUT I NEED SOME HELP!!! :banghead:

I've been looking into upgrading my stock audio speakers w/ some new 5x7/6x8 2-ways or 3-ways for a long time now but the problem I have is which speakers to choose. Right now I have a JVC KD-S680 CD player that puts out 17W RMS x 4 and I think 45W peak x 4.

I looking to purchase only 4 speakers that put out enough bass that I don't need subs. I probably will be driving the speakers by a 4 channel amp w/ the RMS at 4ohms close to the factory specs of the speakers. As far as amps, I've been looking at the MTX's w/ the Thunder EQ(bass boost) and the Sony 600w 4 channel w/ Bass Boost. I listen more to rock and metal music so a good deal of bass is necessary.

Right now I've been looking at the Infinity 6802cf's, 5752cf, Pioneer TS-A6867, TS-A6870R, and TS-A6880R.

Please tell me if these are good choices for speakers, or give me you oppinion on speakers and amps.

Thanks A Ton!!!:D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

if you are looking for bass, then do not get the pioneers. they are good speakers if you already have a subwoofer, but they dont do well with bass response. the infinity kappas are pretty good. polk and audiobahn are good with bass response. and diamond audios are excellent across a broad frequency range. nice bass responce and awesome mids and highs. to stay in your price range (according to what other speakers you picked out) you would want to get a pair of diamond audio M371i

:)

Ok, I've given up on the Pioneers. You said the Infinity Kappa's are good, but those are outta my price range. Are the Inifinity References good for bass(i.e.- model 5752cf)? Also how are the Polk GXR57, DX7, and EX572a models w/ bass? Also What are some good brands of amps to use w/ these speakers? Thanks

out of the models you just listed, the polk dx7's are an excellent choice. they do have really nice bass response. i've never heard a bad review from anyone about them. you can even do a search for them on this site. i know a lot of people here have them.

I used the momo's for a while in my '92 ploder on a 200 watt amp and they screamed. I'm pretty sure that if you give any of the mid to upper quality polks some power, they will sound great.

just thought i would add my input in on this. I have the Infinity Reference 5X7 speakers in my rear doors for rear fill and was surprised at how good the bass response is. Now i'm not saying that they "slam" by any means, but sound good for what i was going for. They also fit perfectly in the rear factory locations which dramatically cut down installation time. I have a Kicker ZX460 amp running them. I have JL audio components in the front.

Back