• Register Today It's free!

Help with Body Lift

Buds007

Reaction score
City, State
Provo, Utah
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 xlt 4 door
Hi, I am wondering if anyone would be willing to help me do a 3" body lift on my 97 XLT 4 door. I do not have the kit right now, but am wondering if anyone would be willing to come to vancouver washington.

Hey Buds007,

I'm just down I205 from you in Oregon City, and did a 3" lift on my '99 Limited a month ago. There have been other threads asking for help on this sorta thing, have you looked, and do you have the place to do it and the tools? How mechanical are you? :)

The lift was actually fairly easy, but I did learn a few things that could help you when you do yours, such as pressure wash under the truck as best you can because all the dust and dirt will be falling on you later. Dropping the radiator 3", bending brake lines, and adding longer ground wires was very easy. Tuffest part of my job was when I tried to remove the fan to lower the radiator, added probably 4 hours and many scars that didn't need to be done. I eventually tweeked and bent one of the cooler brackets, that would have saved me big time (keep in mind yours is a different vintage than mine).

The excellent JC Whitney kit I bought was for the Ranger, so it came with (4) extra spacers and rear bumper brackets that do not fit so I made my own. Front bumper was a breeze!

I thought it was a worthwile mod, now I can go into 3" deeper mud/snow before winching out! :)

Well, in terms of do I have the tools. I don't know. I have a pressure washer, a air compressor with impact wrench, rachet, etc. Give me a list of what tools I need to accomplish this task, and I will be doing the PA body lift with the different mounts from another kit. I wrecked my RANGER;)

Back