Help with idling problem | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Help with idling problem

ljoe

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
Hey guys I have an idling problem on my '95 V-6 automatic, when warming up in the morning the idle feels like going up and down, also on the Highway I can still feel it when tranny shift gears, it feels like holding the gear to go on and then the check engine light comes on but when I shut down the engine and turn it back on, the light it's off, I changed fluid and filter on the tranny, but still the problem,took it to a scanner and they told me to change the tps or EGR valve but I'm still confused since I already have three different opinions ( Tranny Sensor, EGR,TPS ) Anybody have been thru this before and if so any clues on what could cause this ? I already start spending money but with no solution please help Thanks in advance
ljoe:exp:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

maybe take the egr off and clean it out? would be my first option just to save some money.

Idle air sensor? We had the same problem on our Windstar and I removed the IAS and it went away

Hey guys thanks for your reply's with your advices solve the problem partialy, I clean IAC and idling problem went away, but the problem with CEL still happens, usually on the highway and when tranny changes gears, but still , CEL comes on, and when turn off car even momentarely CEL goes off, any other clues anybody with the same problem before ?

You need to get the codes read. Anything else is just shooting in the dark.

Good point. You can go to AutoZone or Pep Boys and they can pull the codes for you. It could be Mass Air Flow Sensor or Intake Manifold Gasket. If you pull an 071 and 074 error codes than its a definite Intake Manifold Gasket problem

Spence

Good point. You can go to AutoZone or Pep Boys and they can pull the codes for you. It could be Mass Air Flow Sensor or Intake Manifold Gasket. If you pull an 071 and 074 error codes than its a definite Intake Manifold Gasket problem
Spence

It's a '95. It's OBDI, neither Autozone or PepBoys are going to pull his codes for him. It could be anything, rather than speculate, he should pull the codes.

He should read this.

Back