• Register Today It's free!

help!!

99-5.0explorer

Reaction score
City, State
Schenectady,NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 Explorer 5.0 AWD "SVT"
alright guys whats goin on new to this forum but from what i hear your the best to help anwser my Q's.... i lowered my truck sat. 2in did blocks in rear and adjusted the torsions upfront...truck is just not low enough for me...thinking of a 3in but i can get the front to sit lower..bolts are almost al the way out .what happens when i take the bolt out..as in not under my truck nomore..will this make it lower or F* stuff up?? ps can i get the truck tyo sit lower with out any more suspen. mods?? maybe take the rubber body monts out?? thanks latter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

just take the bolts out, no problems there, they dont hold the car together ;). then make sure you get low profile bump stops or trim the stock bump stops. they will basicaly be resting on the upper control arm.

Take the bolts out but save them. You might need to put them back later if the alignment guys can not align them correctly because its TOO LOW.

so take them out and it will all be ok... does it matter that i lowwered my back first then the front?? a friend said that i can lower the front mopre if i had lowered it first ?? is this true??

Originally posted by 99-5.0explorer
so take them out and it will all be ok... does it matter that i lowwered my back first then the front?? a friend said that i can lower the front mopre if i had lowered it first ?? is this true??
You need better friends!! It doesn't matter.

That is not true. Do a search for torsion bar flip, apparently you can lower by flipping your torsion bar mounts or something like that, Im not sure.

Originally posted by Texplorer
That is not true. Do a search for torsion bar flip, apparently you can lower by flipping your torsion bar mounts or something like that, Im not sure.

Yeah if you want a diagonal wheel. You cannot correct the camber in spec if you go any lower than 2.5'' inches. Some cars are different and had problems doing any more than 1.5'' with a perfect alignment. So if your rich and can buy tires every 10k then go for the Tortion bar flip. If not then just keep it no lower than about a 2.5 drop. Thats just my $.02

Well then, there ya go. Good thing I said Im not sure. Did the discussion about swapping and inverting the spindles ever turn into anything?

Originally posted by Texplorer
Did the discussion about swapping and inverting the spindles ever turn into anything?

The guy said he now sold the truck before he could take any pics of it:rolleyes: :rolleyes: now he says he got a new stock 97 x:rolleyes:

Originally posted by boominXplorer
The guy said he now sold the truck before he could take any pics of it:rolleyes: :rolleyes: now he says he got a new stock 97 x:rolleyes:
I do love a good internet liar!!!;)

so wait?.. is there any way to lower the front any more then i already did?? dropped spindels maybe???(cheaper the better) o and btw YES YES i DO need better friends!! lol ...

o what about rangers?? how do they get them so low?? besides hydro/bags or C notchin the frame?? ( plus i have AWD :rolleyes: ))

No such thing as dropped spindles. And with your rig being AWD, you don't want to go more than 2" anyway.

No such thing as dropped spindles

..bent ones on the other hand, are a reality that I drive on daily. :p (Hoping to fix in April though)

so there is no way to lower it any more?? i dont want to do 3 in blocks b/c the rear will sit lower then the front..and to me that looks bad...

Short of having custom front end or swap from another vehicle(again pretty much custom) you're stuck.

Back