Help!!!!!!!!!!!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Help!!!!!!!!!!!!

charlesv361

Reaction score
City, State
Odessa, Fl
Ok im trying to help out a friend with a 2002 Mountaineer 2wd V8 it runs and drives but the whole truck shakes while in park or drive his dad has been trying to figure it out and is ready to torch it

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ok im trying to help out a friend with a 2002 Mountaineer 2wd V8 it runs and drives but the whole truck shakes while in park or drive his dad has been trying to figure it out and is ready to torch it

Could you clarify "shakes"? Like a rough idle? Or like someone is shaking the vehicle. If rough idle check your maf sensor, if this isn't the problem try reading up on the TPS (throttle position sensor) and try those fixes..

Does it stall at all or just shake? Vac line leaks can give you hell at idle and become less noticeable under load.

It seems like the engine is vibrating the whole truck to the point it feels as if the whole truck is ready to fall apart. It cant be the drive shaft because it does this even in park. I havent had a chance to take a look at it in person im thinking it could be something as simple as an engine mount or possibly the harmonic balancer. The only time I have dealt with a bad harmonic balancer in the past was in a Firebird I had in high school but it didnt cause a bad vibration it caused the center of the flywheel to crack in a perfect circle about an inch away from the bolts. I would just like a little input on what to check out before I go over to his dads house.

Theres no stalling and he says the engine acts the same way driving or parked he drove it about 15 miles to his dads house after it started. It sounds crazy to me I have never heard of that kind of heavy consistant vibrating while the vehicle manages to stay running without any stalling or power loss.

i've read of the harmonic balancer 'walking off' causing vibs, after that i'd check the engine mounts, timing chain but i think you would hear it. just a guess.

Check vacuum loss at 90 degree elbow. See other posts on this.

Back