Herc Rocksliders! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Hey Gerrald, How much do those things weight? I thinking of doing sliders in the future and really like the factory look you did! :thumbsup:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

They are heavy. I forgot exactly - but I think they were 65 lbs+ each.

I remembered this old thread and thought I would update it with definate confirmation that they have done their job extremely well and saved my body panels countless times - especially when I ran the Rubicon! - and also allowing me to tackle ever-greater obstacles such as sliding over White Knuckle Hill on the Behind the Rocks trail at Moab this year :thumbsup:

101HercWhiteKnuckleHill61.jpg

SWEET!!!! ANY more pics? of your latest adventures?

Very crafty idea, and glad to hear that they held up to their end of the deal!

Gerald, what size square tubing did you use for the outriggers?

Based on the pictures, it looks 1 x 1 but I would think that would be kind of small. I'm trying to decide if I want to use 1.25 x 1.25 or 1.5 x 1.5 tubing with .125 wall.

Thanks, D.

I remeasured and edited my first post. They are 1 1/2" square with 3/8" walls and are PLENTY beefy enough to do the job.

As they should be! :D

Thanks for double checking the dimensions for me.

3/8" wall!!! :eek: yeah those suckers aren't bending anytime soon. :thumbsup:

Yeah, my frame bends, but they don't, LOL

After 10 years of use any changes you plan to make on these for the new explorer?

Not a single change. They have performed absolutely fabulously. I'm taking them off of Herc and putting them on the new one. I hope the body/frame fit is the same on both vehicles, but anticipate possibly having to fine tune the mount a little bit to fit the new one perfectly.

Back