Hey...how ya doin??? Lol I'm new here... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Hey...how ya doin??? Lol I'm new here...

Should I spend a few thousand and keep my dads explorer or buy a used car?

• Yes and why

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No and why

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DjSvelt105

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Ford Explorer
Just q quick intro...my name is Sean. My dad died this past February...not looking for sympathy however...he had a 2004 Ford Explorer...I think its a 3.6L V6. Anyway...I'm trying to figure out...do I put some money into it and make it my own? Or do I just get rid of it?

The engine is not running well...tranny slips while upshifting (not all the time)....rear main seal needs to be replaced..and needs paint. Any serious suggestions would be greatly appreciated!...I.e. Ideas on how to fix it up...or where to take it for that...(in Central Florida)....etc.

The 8th digit of the VIN number is the engine code. You probably have a 4.0L engine. When was the last time that the transmission filter & fluid were replaced? How many miles does it have? Do you have a check engine light or a flashing overdrive light?

I went to KBB to check the value of a 2004 loaded limited 4wd v6 with only 80k miles,in excellent condition, just to get a top dollar value. The result was 3498.00 in my area.

Trade it for something else IMO.

Back