• Register Today It's free!

Hey, i'm the fng

RavmanXLT

Reaction score
City, State
maine
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 XLT
just wanted to say hey and introduce myself, i'm to cheap to go buy a new truck so i want to put some money into my 2000 xlt so i can tow a 24.5' boat with little to no worries. i found this site while doing some searching online. pretty cool site from i've found so far. see ya

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

get a v8 and a solid tranny to back it up

i have the 4.0 sohc, a tranny cooler and a transgo kit are on my list of things to do along with 4.10 gears. how do i figure out which trannie i have?

i'm in the middle of a search right now on towing and i am beginning to think that i should be shopping for a truck.

this boat and trailer combo will be pushing 5,000-5,500 pounds i'm guessing. i'm going tomorrow to look at it. i have the money to upgrade my explorer but i can't afford 5 years of payments if you know what i mean. thanks for the replies guys

Welcome to this forum! You have the 5R55E 5 speed automatic transmission.

thanx, i went yesterday and looked at the boat and with trailer the thing is pushing 6000 lbs.. i don't think i'll be using the x to tow it. i found a truck i'm going to go and check out today, an 02 chevy 4x4 hd 3/4 ton x-cab. the price is right, hopefully it runs good.

Back