HHO Questions, specifically Bubbler | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

HHO Questions, specifically Bubbler

Blacksheep Josh

Slinky+Escalator=Fun
Reaction score
City, State
Statesboro, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'01 Ford Ranger, RIP 93 X
I've read up through numerous sources about how they (HHO generators) work, and am slowly starting to fully understand how it works. Basically you're using electricity to separate water into Hydrogen and Oxygen gas which is then sucked into the engine and burned along with gasoline.

My main questions are about the HHO generators themselves, I've copied and pasted pictures from Aldive's HHO thread, because he had the best pictures that could help iron out a few questions. Also the most clear, so first thanks to Aldive for taking great pictures.

21b3fvs.jpg

1. Same as 2. These are connections for the vacuum system, so that the gases are sucked into the engine.
2. Same as 1. These are connections for the vacuum system, so that the gases are sucked into the engine.
3. Positive power hookup
4. ?
5. Negative power hookup
6. ?

My main questions are about labels 4 and 6, I want to say I read that 6 was a pressure relief valve? So if for some reason the pressure was to high it'd release it.

4 just perplexes me. I've read about bubblers, which helps keep flashback from igniting the HHO in the generator.

I guess what I'm trying to say is how is this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150274176574
comparable to this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/New-...ryZ42604QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

They look completely different, but still do the same thing? How? You have an entire unit acting as a bubbler, then a little valve looking thing with a hose connected to it? If someone coudl break it down, or explain it for me it'd be much appreciated

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I believe #4 refers to the bubble adjustment... I think. From what I've read the designer would like the unit to produce some moisture along with the HHO gas to the engine. The bubble is supposed to allow for the transport of humidified air along with the HHO gas

-Joe

But how? it's just a 'valve thingy' connected to a tube that goes to the bottom of the generator. In my opinion, it doesn't look like it does anything.

When the generator is hooked up the intake manifold there is a vacuum present as the engine runs, that vacuum will suck air through that valve down the tube resulting in bubbles, which will float to the top and into the engine.

Again I am not quite sure what the purpose or potential benefit of the bubbles are, I have just read the water 4 gas documentation.

--Joe

When the generator is hooked up the intake manifold there is a vacuum present as the engine runs, that vacuum will suck air through that valve down the tube resulting in bubbles, which will float to the top and into the engine.

Again I am not quite sure what the purpose or potential benefit of the bubbles are, I have just read the water 4 gas documentation.

--Joe

i just plain don't understand.

the concept of hte smaller bubbler seems stupid, and in my mind, does not work. i don't understand how it works.

if someone has one hooked up, with the smaller black bubbler valve style, and can shoot a video, it might clear some things up.

i understand how a larger separate bubbler works, but not the smaller ones. if it's suppose to suck air down that tube then how is it working? last i checked just because there is a vacuum above the water does not mean air will be sucked down that tube. it doesn't make sense.

It will suck in air, to set the bubbler with the vacumn hose hooked up; disconnect the electrical power to the HHO generator. Then start the moter and watch the bubbles in the jar, screw down the black nob too slow down to a slow bubble action.

you have got to use some punctuation.

but my problem is, why suck in air? a bubbler is suppose to run the gases through water i thought, so if flashback (like a cylinder backfire) happens, it won't explode in the jar but rather stop where the bubbler puts the gases through the water.

and another thing, are you talking about sucking in air from atmosphere? i thought with an HHO generator you wated HHO gas, not air being sucked in?

ok. i think i finally understand. i had to look at a few of them on ebay to fully get what and how they work.... lol

from what i can tell, it lets air into the system, probably as a "cooling effect" on the water i'm assuming?

i always thought that because there'd be water in the tube, that water woudl be sucked through the intake instead of air being drawn in through it. so i'm guessing that because you're letting a small amount of airflow in, instead of water being sucked through the intake, it'll come throught the bubbler.

i've put in a paint sketch to demonstrate what I think is going on...

16c2dkk.jpg

is this right?

I think you have got it right. I am not sure but I think the idea is to avoid a vacumn in the jar, witch could maybe cause water to be drawn into the engine.

well i'm about to build my own within the next few weeks, and i'm just trying to fully understand it, so when i go to explain it to someone, i don't sound like a dumbass. lol

i think once i get the bubbler i'll understand it more, lol

Back