Hi, and 93 explorer crank no start | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Hi, and 93 explorer crank no start

mcnabadl1

Reaction score
Hi all, this is my first time to ever do somthing like this. But i need help.... So I am working on my cousins 93 Explorer, he started it and when he was driving down the drive it died. This is what I have checked so far. There is oil in the engine. The vehicle has fuel in the tank. The engine turns over so its not the starter. The fuel pump inertia switch is good, and not set. The fuel pump does not run at all, even when you first turn on the key, the fuses are good the relay is getting power on the control side and on the pump side, I replaced relay with knowen good relay and it still didn't work, if I use a jumper wire at the relay to send power to the pump it sends fuel. So we know the pump is good. The engine will start on starting fluid so the ignition system is good. With the pump jumped and running the engine would still not start. I checked fuel injector pulse with noid lights, and the injectors were not being sent a signal to open. The restance of the crank position sensor is 580ohms. I don't think it is the ckp because the fule pump does not come on at all. I also don't think the timing is off because it starts and runs on starting fluid. So what I am left to think is tate the computer for some reason does not want to send fuel to the engine, the computer is fryed, or there is a wiring issue somewhere. Any feedback is appreciated. Hope to hear back soon!!!!!

Ok, never mind. Found the issue. After checking a few more circuits from wiring diagrams that I found on the web, I located an open in the fuel control wires. When the conector was unpluged found the wire to have low restance. That told me it was an internal fault in the PCM. arfter removel and dissambley of the PCM I found that the cricuit bord was melted and black!!!!! So it needs a new PCM.......

Back