Hi-Beam/Fog Light Question. Please Help!!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Hi-Beam/Fog Light Question. Please Help!!!

mofodela

Reaction score
City, State
Rockville, Md
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Explorer Sport
Could anyone tell me a way to rewire the fog lights or high beams so that once you turn on the high beams the fog lights dont turn off? I find it really annoying how when the high beams are on the fog lights wont work. Please any help would be much appreciated

You may want to check your local laws before making this change. In my parts, Virginia, it is illegal to operate fog/driving lights with the high beams on.

OK, sounds like when your lights were installed, they were spliced into the low-beam wire, which would only allow them to be on when just the low beams are on. To have them on with the low beams, high beams, and parking lights, you need to tap into the parking lights. The easiest place to do this is a couple inches from the parking light bulb, because the wire is easy to get to. I hope this helps.

-ken :usa:

Do a search on this topic. There is a step by step explanation on how to rewire the fog lights. I don't remember who wrote it but it is perfect. I remember this was one of the first things I wanted to change and this board helped me with it.

Back