HID's in the fogs | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

HID's in the fogs

Hey guys,
Got a DDM Tuning kit for my bros mustang for XMAS and I was very suprised at the quality. I am thinking of getting a kit for my fogs. My fogs accept H1 bulbs, but I've read in the past people use h3? What DDM kit should I order for my fogs? Thanks guys

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

For my 99 I ordered H1 bulbs and they work great. I followed the TUT that P51mustang put up about how to modify the bulb holder to make it all work.

If the stock bulb is H1 I would use an H1 bulb. The light emitting part of the bulb is in a different location for an H1 bulb than it is for an H3 bulb. Unless you change the housing to accept a different bulb that will throw light differently.

Thanks guys! Anyone run DDM H1 kit by chance?

Yeah, I bought their raptor 35w kit and it works great. I have 3000k and 6000k

To think about it I am kinda curious about the H3 instead of the H1 bulbs. The H3 are shorter so would put the light near the back of the house so wouldnt that give it more light output or is that just me. Has anyone ever used both and if so what is the difference.

Is it possible to split the headlight wire to the fogs? because my fogs dont work and i checked the relay the bulbs and the fuse

Back