• Register Today It's free!

High beam switch

Arne52101

Reaction score
City, State
Decorah
Year, Model & Trim Level
Eddie bauer 06 4.0l
2006 Explorer EB 4.0 here. I want to install high beam switch on the driver side floor board, just where GOD intended it to be. Turn signal is for turning, not the high beam. Can anyone tell me what is below the floor board, is there any room.
Floor Mounted Headlight Dimmer Switch
s-l400.jpg

Oh, wow. I guess i'm an atheist who thinks the dimmer is perfectly fine where it is..LOL

Just kidding. I'm Wiccan.

Seems like a lot of work, running new wires, etc for something that hasn't been in a Ford since 1991.

Pull the carpet up, make sure you're not going to drill into anything important, mark your spot, and that's the easy stuff.

the church of the flying spaghetti monster over ruled the law of high beams back in the early 90's when they became passing lights... those heavy duty floor switches were a pain to double click when passing so a quick flick of the wrist was the better option and since under most laws driving with high beams will get you pulled over you shouldn't have to use them enough to get carpel-tunnel.... would be alot of work tracking down the wires between the clock spring and the SJB passing them outside the vehicle to the bottom of a switch and you would need to cut 2 holes because the floor is not a single sheet of steel... pull up the carpet by the peddles and find the drain grommet and take a look

Back