• Register Today It's free!

High idle problem.

mrmcdowell

Reaction score
City, State
molalla oregon
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 ford aerostar XL
i have a 94 ford aerostar XL 2WD with the 3.0L. the problem i am having is that you start the van and it idles high like the throttle is stuck so i took the throttle cable off the motor and it still did it. so then i looked at the relays and tested them and found that one was stuck on. these relays are the ones on the driver side fender between the battery and the fire wall. so i put them all back in and took a screw driver and tapped on the one that i thought was stuck and the van idled back down. does that sound right to any one and also does anyone know what those relays are for?:aerostar:

Hi! I have bought those relays at Auto-Zone before. Sounds like that's your problem.
I HAVE seen low coolant cause a high idle condition,but that doesn't sound like yer problem. don-ohio :)^)

ok yeah the only problem i have now is that it still seems be be idleing a tiny bit on the high side but it is a lot better then it was before. do they always idle a tiny bit high? this is my first aerostar and i love it.

Back