High idle | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

High idle

i'm not sure on your exact engine but if your needle is in the throttle body try to clean or just pull it and clean it...i am kind of stumped...sometimes its something as simple as the cable and or spring hanging on something....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i did some checking on my own and if it is not any vac line leaks, vac lines in wrong place, intake including air filter sytem leaks...everything comes back to iac...somewhere in this thread there is a void from when you were going to take it to ford and the next post you pulled the heads? just curious what you new in order to pull the heads?? i am wondering if you just need to replace the iac do to high amount of carbon build up?

i did some checking on my own and if it is not any vac line leaks, vac lines in wrong place, intake including air filter sytem leaks...everything comes back to iac...somewhere in this thread there is a void from when you were going to take it to ford and the next post you pulled the heads? just curious what you new in order to pull the heads?? i am wondering if you just need to replace the iac do to high amount of carbon build up?

Here's the missing post:

Sure enough the Ford guys confirmed it was #3. I did a compression check at home to make sure. Pulled the heads and seen that the exhaust valve was bad. I took the heads to the machine shop last week, their putting in all new exhaust seats and guides and resurfacing the exhaust manifolds for$400. Keep in mind this is a Ford replacment enging with 40,000 miles on it, warantey ran out at 36,000 miles. So, this week I should have a good running Ranger.

Originaly the truck had a high/rough idle and a code P0303 (#3 misfire). The valve job solved the rough idle and code, I just have the high idle problem now. The truck runs very nice otherwise.

I cleaned the iac. Also I disconnected it while it was running, RPM dropped like it's suppose to. Still could be the iac or maybe the tps.

heres a dumb question...try disconecting your battery cables for about 15 minutes and then reinstall...i do this to not only clean the cables and post during the 15 minutes, but if you haven't and i think you would have, it will reset your computer since youv'e done changes...i am still leaning to your iac...btw, the missing post helps alot and i'm really sorry for your headache...it would have drove me nuts if it were mine...

heres a dumb question...try disconecting your battery cables for about 15 minutes and then reinstall...i do this to not only clean the cables and post during the 15 minutes, but if you haven't and i think you would have, it will reset your computer since youv'e done changes...i am still leaning to your iac...btw, the missing post helps alot and i'm really sorry for your headache...it would have drove me nuts if it were mine...

I have reset the computer several times. Ya, might be a good time to replace the iac. Ya, it's driving me nuts. This is not a daily driver so I have time to fool with it. Thanks

Back