• Register Today It's free!

Homemade splash guards

jseabolt

Reaction score
City, State
Kingsport, Tennessee
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Explorer Limted V8
I had to do the dreaded sparkplug and wire replacement yesterday. No wonder I was dreading it because it took me about five hours.

The splashguards that go inside the wheelwells were in bad shape. I was going to wait until I had to do a brake job but figured since I had to remove them now was a good time.

Considering that I blew the engine in my Yugo when I hit that clogged storm sewer a couple of years ago from not running splash shields I figured these were there for a reason.

I could not find replacements without going through the dealer so I made my own out of some place mats I got at the DG. The vinyl paint from O'Reillys cost me more than the mats.

If I could have only found bigger ones I wouldn't have had to link they together with zip ties.

splashguards1.jpg

splashguards.jpg

splashguards2.jpg

splashguards3.jpg

splashguards4.jpg

splashguards5.jpg

thats pretty slick, id have left the roosters, but then again my exp is painted poop brown, with a brush for texture.....

Real nice craftsmanship there! :biggthump

I tore my splash guards off over six months ago. Ever since I've had something like this in mind on the back burner. Congratulations on actually getting it done! I was worried of heat from the exhaust manifolds being too much for a random plastic material. And was going to look for some type of fire retardant material and cut it to fit.

Back