Hood Lights for '04 Explorer XLT - Help Needed Please | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Hood Lights for '04 Explorer XLT - Help Needed Please

Hi folks...

Not real experienced here but I'd like to add 2 LED lights to my hood by replacing the windshield wiper fluid dispensors... I checked the FAQ and did not find the answers to my questions....

I had purchased a set from PEP Boys but they did not fit correctly...

Is there a website that specifically sells accessories for Explorers? I'm looking for set of white lights to compliment my white paint job...

Other then finding a site to order from, is there anything important I need to know about hooking up these lights to my truck? I assume if I wire them correcctly they'll just turn on when my lights automatically kick on?

Thank you for your help, it's much appreciated...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I've seen this done on a ton of cars around here. Mostly hondas and that of the like. Do you not ever use the washers for your windshield, or do you just clean it before you drive every time it's dirty?

I'm not sure where to get the correct ones, and I know there aren't any explorer specific places to get washer replacement LEDs.

Good luck and post pictures when you can!!

As far as I know there is only one kind.
What didnt fit correctly about the ones from Pep Boys?

As far as I know there is only one kind.
What didnt fit correctly about the ones from Pep Boys?

Gosh I can't remember exactly but the ones I bought looked kind of cheap... I was trying to install them with my older brother (who's very mechanically inclined) and they just didn't fit right....

Any reliable site that carries products such as these?

Any reliable site that carries products such as these?

Since these type lights ar not very reliable themselves I dont think many sites, if any , carry them. Most of the LEDs that are used in the washer lights and licence plate lights are cheaply assembled and dont last very long.
I have tryed the licence plate lights and none of them last.
Save your money is my advice...

Back