how bout a Explorer hybrid or diesel or dieselhybrid | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

how bout a Explorer hybrid or diesel or dieselhybrid

Reaction score
City, State
Hanover Park IL (Near Chicago)
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 EB 4x4 00 XLS 4x4
for better fuel econ on explorers a hybrid or diesel or dieselhybrid for power and tourqe and fuel econ and clean burning

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hybrid Explorer

That would be nice.

I think it could be done with the new 3.5L engine, which is supposedly "hybrid ready" and the 6-speed transmission.

Just have to convince Ford to do it!

Bob

They have to figure out how to mass produce Hydrogen without using fossil fuels before we'll see fuel cell vehicles from any manufacturer in production. That is the main reason there aren't any on the road now.

an explorer hybrid would be a good idea. i wouldn't mind getting 25mpg as opposed to my lowly 15.

They have to figure out how to mass produce Hydrogen without using fossil fuels before we'll see fuel cell vehicles from any manufacturer in production. That is the main reason there aren't any on the road now.

i think it is more to do with the distribution of hydrogen ,when was the last time that you saw a hydrogen service station

ford did a promo here for LPG they drove one around the country for two reasons 1 promotion of LPG fuel car (which makes up 21% of falcon sales)
2 to prove that LPG is widely available
BMW have some top of the line 7 series tha they hire/loan to celebs in germany that run on hydrogen
there in a catch 22 if you have a car on hydrogen there's nowhere to fill it or if you have ahydrogen service station theres no cars to fill

i think it is more to do with the distribution of hydrogen ,when was the last time that you saw a hydrogen service station

That is another problem but I think everyone would be willing to overcome that. Since at this point Hydrogen is produced using fossil fuels there isn't any savings using Hydrogen. Cars burn clean, but you're still buring conventional fuels to produce it.

Back